bling, cardstock, distress ink, embossing powder, flower, gems, Gerberra Diasy, Gina K designs ink, glossy accents, handmade card, handmade flowers, honeybeestamps, MFT dienamics, MFT stamps, Nuvo drops, rajnichawla crystals, sequins
Making a sympathy card always makes you sad and that is why I like to make them a little cheerful.
Do you often wonder if you need products from many companies, well this card sure makes you feel justified. This card had so many mistakes and I am glad I stuck with it.
I started with cutting all the dies, The flowers are from MFT- gerberra daisies. The frame is from Spell binders. I used Gina K design inks to color all of them on a 80 pound paper. I colored the frame with two different blue inks, light and then dark on the edges. Then I colored the flowers in orange and yellow, two shades of each. One was gina K and one was Distress inks. The greens were done the same way- they are a die from MFT too. I did the coloring while I was waiting for my son to be done at the gym in the cafe. I had a couple of little girls watch, it was sweet.
I cam home and started working on the insides, this is where it all went south. I started with adding rajni chawla crystals, while loved it on the petals it was not good in the middle. So I removed it from the middle and added a glob of nuvo drops. Did not like that, then I added glossy accents and by then it looked dirty. Needless to say I removed that. Then I thought well let me add the inside that the die provides and cut that in brown. It looked good but needed something more. When I was done assembling the card I added glossy accents, left it alone and liked how it looked in the morning. The background was done using Honey bee Lotus stamp embossed in Ranger gold embossing powder. I stamped the sentiment on a brown piece of paper and white heat embossed it. I cut it without measuring but luckily it fit the exact size. Added some sequins. If you look closely the top flower where there is a sequins had not embossed fully, so I added lines with a versamark pen and heat embossed, it is thicker than the other lines. The frames have some yellow spots, sometimes if you stick with it, it all comes together nicely. For a final touch I added some sequins. I am glad I did not give up on it. Some supplies I shop from a local store in Livonia. I have added link to that.
Thank you for visiting and for your sweet comments.